Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Who am I??

My name is Jaime and I am a high school teacher in New Hampshire.  I teach primarily freshman Physical Science Honors and I also have a mixed grade Astronomy class, college prep and honors level.  I just finished my 7th year teaching and I am pretty happy it is summer time.  Currently, I am working on my Master's and I had to create a blog as an assignment for a class.  I have always been pretty interested in blogging and I am glad I have an excuse to create one now!  

I have a husband, named Jay, who is a teacher also.  He teaches Special Ed, not just regular Special Ed...EH Special Ed...god bless him!  What a patient man! 

We are both track coaches, each at the high schools that we teach at for Winter and Spring Track and Field.  I also coach Men's Cross Country at a local university.  It is one of my greatest passions!  Talk about a fulfilling job!

In our spare time, Jay and I like to do a number of things.  We take an annual White Water Rafting trip with a large group of our friends each summer.  We race cars on race tracks all over the country.  Currently, we are each ranked second in the nation in our class for the Porsche Club of America Autocross event (he in the Men's class and I in the Women's)!  My student's seem to think that is pretty cool.  This seems to be a good way for me to get them hooked and listening when I can relate Physics to car racing and actually know what I am talking about!  I am also a runner!  I completed my very first marathon in October of 2008.  I am working on plans to run my second one this fall!  I can't wait!! :) 

So that is a little bit about me!  More to come later!

No comments:

Post a Comment